Health & Fitness
One of the first things you want to know before you travel is which vaccinations you'll need. Here are a few websites to help you find out. Keep in mind that if you don't have a primary physician in your passport country, you may be able to get vaccinations at a local pharmacy. If you have small children, pharmacies in the U.S. will often refuse to vaccinate young kids and your best option may be to get these vaccinations in-country, where you can often get a same-day appointment for much less than you'd pay at home.
- CDC Travelers Health
- World Health Organization International Travel and Health
- Which Travel Vaccinations Do You Need? by NomadTraveler.co.uk
We wish we could link you to an app that helps you find gyms around the world, but we haven't found one with as much coverage as a nomad needs. Let us know if we're missing it! In the meantime, check out these fitness related travel articles and blogs.
- Three Fitness Tools for the Digital Nomad by Kavi Guppta
- Confessions of a Nomad follows the healthy travel lifestyle of Veronica May
If you know whether the water in your country is potable or not, you've already jumped the biggest hurdle. Here are a few resources by the brilliant Jodi Ettenberg, who writes the longstanding Legal Nomads blog. Read more from Jodie about eating healthy and delicious foods on the road.
- How to Eat Street Food Without Getting Sick by Jodi Ettenberg
- Food Traveler's Handbook by Jodi Ettenberg