If your kids are of schooling age, you might be overwhelmed by the educational decisions you now have to make. There are a lot of options, but the decision will be very personal: what is the best fit for your kids’ personalities and learning styles, for your own personality and temperament, for your checkbook, etc?
First, read the book Third Culture Kids, which is a wonderful examination of what a mobile existence is like emotionally and educationally for children, and has a great comparison of educational options.
Here are a few other articles that help you envision what it’s like to educate your kids on the road.
- Unschooling and Intercultural Education
- Word School Adventures: Long Term Travel with Kids
- Expat Schools: International vs. Local
- International Schools Database
- OutSchool – Online Courses / Field Trips
Photo Credit: Miles From Brooklyn